Eid Al Adha, also known as the “Feast of the Sacrifice” is here and so is the much awaited long weekend. The second of the two most sacred festivals for Muslims celebrates the spirit of sacrifice, selflessness and sharing among the community. Family and food are integral to any festive celebration, and while you wonder what to do after, here are some great ways of spending the holidays – with family and friends.
Staycations and Daycations
If you aren’t travelling, a daycation or staycation must be on the cards. There are some attractive options which means there is something for everyone. If you’re looking for some poolside fun or spacations, some hotels with exciting deals are:
- Intercity Hotel Jaddaf Waterfront: From 8 to 12 July 2022, guests are invited to enjoy an unforgettable staycation starting from just AED 305 for two and an extra special dinner offer priced at AED 99 per person.
- Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown: From 1 July 2022 until 20 September 2022, with prices starting from only AED 450, enjoy an unmatched staycation experience with a chance to eplore digital art, amazing view of the dubai Creek or Dubai Skyline, breakfast for two at Open Sesame and two complimentary tickets to groundbreaking, futuristic and immersive exhibitions at Infinity des Lumière.
Some Retail Therapy
Nothing is more fun and gratifying than some mall hopping and shopping with friends and family. There are some great deals and discounts at malls across the UAE, so you ‘ll be spoilt for choice.
- Dubai Mall: Dubai Mall brings 20% – 50% off on the most covetable brands along with an extravagant dining experience.
- Mall of Emirates: With the summer sale in full swing, you stand a chance to win up to 1 million share points weekly when you shop at any outlet in Mall of Emirates from July 1 to September 4. All you have to do is spend AED 300 or more, scan your receipts on the SHARE application, and you’ll enter a weekly draw to win 1 million SHARE points.
A Friendly Feast with Gifts and Treats
The best way to show your loved ones you care is to express, and the best way for expression is a gift. Gifts and treats are loved by everyone. These combined with a grand feast, either cooked at home or booked outside, is the ultimate combination everyone needs on Eid. After all friends who eat together, stay together! Here is a list of restaurants with special Eid Menus:
- Barbecue Delights: Indulge in 50 plus dishes for AED 95 at JBR & For 85 at Ibn Battuta Outlet
- C Central Resort The Palm: Eid Al Adha Brunch at Waves Restaurant on 11th and 12th of July from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm for AED 345 per person and 50% discount for children below 12 years of age.
Hit an Adventure Park
There’s got to be some thrill seeking fun for everyone; even for the child inside you. Dubai is the city known for its range of fun and thrilling indoor and outdoor activities. Few destinations are offering staycation and daycation options. So there is double fun in one package.
- IMG Worlds: The double bonanza of Eid celebrations and summer fest brings a range of exciting activities at the IMG World. Along with thrilling rides, families can enjoy Arabian night musicals, Hawaiian street dances, stage acts, free hena and portrait, fairy wings and a lot more.
- LEGOLAND: LEGOLAND Hotel invites families living in the UAE to enjoy ; their exclusive UAE Resident Rate with loads of benefits at LEGOLAND Hotel – featuring early check in (as early as 10am) and late check out (as late as 4pm), in-room treasure hunt, buffet breakfast and non-stop hotel kids’ activities at LEGOLAND Hotel as well as complimentary tickets to LEGOLAND Dubai theme park and LEGOLAND Water Park.
Watch a Movie or Go to the Opera
Everyone loves a good movie. Hit the cinema for the latest releases – Thor – Love and Thunder, Minions –The rise of Gru, Jurassic World Dominion, Black Phone, London Nahi Jaunga, are some of the much avaited movie releases just in time for Eid. Catch these blockbusters at Reel, Vox, Novo, Roxy, and Oscar cinemas across the UAE. If movies are not your thing, then catch comedy superstar Tariq Al-Ali’s brand-new satirical play, “Tambakhia”, at Dubai Opera, on July 10th, or watch Romeo and Juliet fall in love passionately in the romantic ballet on July 9th.
Eid Mubarak from all of us at Dubai Diaries!!